Friday, October 26, 2012

A real life hero!

I don't think there is a pain that hurts more than when you lose a loved one. When someone who was close to you is there no longer, there seems to be an empty spot in your life. You know that life must go on without that special person. My Grandpa was a special person in my life. He was a godly man who loved us grandkids beyond words. He always had a smile on his face. Visiting Pop was always a joy for me, I loved getting wrapped up in his big bear hugs, I loved hearing him pray, and just knowing that I could ask him to pray for me, and he would. I will treasure those moments forever!! His gray hair and warm smile made him the most attractive grandpa in the world! He always had a kind word to say, and always found some way to help others out. You can probably tell that my grandpa and I had a very special relationship. I'll never forget the pain in my heart when I found out my grandpa was with the Lord, the aching of my heart was just too much to bear. I don't think I've ever cried so hard in all my life. One thing that really stands out in my mind about my Grandpa, not only was he a godly man but he used his time wisely. I don't remember him wasting half his days in front of the TV, I do remember him doing, for his family and for others. He was always there if you needed to talk, and oh such an amazing prayer warrior. I thank the Lord for the times I got to spend with Him. They are times I'll never forget. And I am thankful for all that I learned from him and most of all, I am thankful he is no longer in pain, but he is in heaven where he is free from pain and suffering and he is seeing and worshiping his dearly loved savior FACE TO FACE!!!

Kenneth Ralph Marken- September 26, 1924- September 30, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment