Sunday, October 14, 2012

My Grandpa- My hero, is now dancing with Jesus!

My Grandpa, My hero.
My grandpa was the most amazing man I ever knew. He was Kinda, caring, loving and gentle. He had the most comforting smile, and when he prayed he really lead you to the throne room of Jesus! His love for God inspired him to love LOTS of others… not the least his 7 children, 17 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren. He was a friend to everyone. Just like a piano has 88 keys.. which together make beautiful music, my grandpa lived 88 years, each life a different note and when put together it was a beautiful life. My grandpa was also the only guy who was always there for me.. I remember him being excited FOR me over my so grand adventures.. always asking me when the next one was… always wanting to meet my friends. I remember the day I got my drivers license, he followed me everywhere I drove… just in case :) I also remember when I was about 4.. and I was spending time at his house.. he got a blank tape and let me record my nothingness (which is the most embarrassing tape i own now) for hours..LOL!- My grandpa was also the one who got me set up with my very first computer….. ( I also think I got my love for taking pictures from him ) I don't really ever remember my grandpa doing "nothing" he was always busy.. even in the end when he couldn't do much and we all thought he was sleeping- his reply to us.. "Oh I was praying" oh I know he was… I know I am who I am today because of the HUGE part he played in my life.. He fought a good fight. He finished well. I can't even imagine the things he is experiencing RIGHT now! but oh how my heart aches.. I have this empty spot now…     
Kenneth Ralph Marken
September 26, 1924- September 30, 2012      

No comments:

Post a Comment